The construction of the DIY deck with bench seats is finally finished.
It is always a joy to use a car jack in a project that doesn't involve replacing a wheel.
This was the last piece of timber in the decking project.
We are all set now to enjoy the spoils of our toils. A stain is still needed but not until the timber has time to leach out a few more tannins.
After almost five months since this DIY Deck with built in bench seats began, it is finsihed... Or so I thought. I felt like a character imagined by Joseph Conrad when my wife (Deck Concept Designer) said, "I don't really consider it finished until that pathway is done".
"The horror, the horror!"
Plans are afoot to construct a decking pathway to link the deck with the front porch.
I had some exterior stain in the garage so I made the decision to relocate it onto the frame of the deck. As can be seen in the photos, I perhaps could have mixed it a little more before applying it.
Getting the first of the decking onto the frame was a mixture of excitement and tedium. I used some left over brackets as spacers between the boards.
The hack underbelly paint job is slowly giving way to the raw decking timber.
The juggle at the moment is trying to eke out some build time in amongst the rain, a mulch thieving Brush Turkey and a newborn.
I grabbed the next batch of decking which should be enough to complete the floor of the deck. The Kombi gobbles loads like this up with ease.