At the risk of making the Outback Shack look a little like a public toliet, I have installed a Occupied/Vacant turn knob on the door in order to keep it shut, yet allow for access from either side. I am now hoping I don't open the door one day to find a puddle of urine on the other side.
I have installed simple bilateral devices to hold up the doors to the entertainment unit. I eagerly await the next opportunity to work on the Micro Shelter so the next two windows can go in.
On reflection this door and window combination will be just the ticket next Christmas.
Today was frustrating. I fixed hinges to the edges of my cupboard doors, splitting some of the wood as I went. I was about to attach these to the Micro Shelter when I realised the plan was not going to work. So I re-hinged the doors at the top and started again. I kind of like the fold up option though, but man it was a fiddly, frustrating day!
I was also able to cut the timber for the lounge seat. I am yet to fasten it into its final position but that should be pretty quick. I have decided to simplify, simplify, simplify the back rest, so I have jettisoned the idea of more doors. I will still have storage space behind it but it is a little more bare bones.
The horizontal slats are not in the intended final position, they are just waiting to be screwed into place.