Today was frustrating. I fixed hinges to the edges of my cupboard doors, splitting some of the wood as I went. I was about to attach these to the Micro Shelter when I realised the plan was not going to work. So I re-hinged the doors at the top and started again. I kind of like the fold up option though, but man it was a fiddly, frustrating day!
I was also able to cut the timber for the lounge seat. I am yet to fasten it into its final position but that should be pretty quick. I have decided to simplify, simplify, simplify the back rest, so I have jettisoned the idea of more doors. I will still have storage space behind it but it is a little more bare bones.
The horizontal slats are not in the intended final position, they are just waiting to be screwed into place.
This was an unusual weather event on my way to the hardware store the other day. It felt as though something was about to be sucked up into the clouds.
The final wall was put in place to pull the Outback Shack back into square so my internal fitout could commence.
I have almost finished the cupboard doors for the entertainment unit but at 9.30pm I felt I probably shouldn't fire up the belt sander in this suburban setting.